Danny Ray Grantham, Jr., 46, of Douglas, has been arrested in Fernandina Beach, Florida, for allegedly breaking into a yacht at the city marina.
According to a release prepared by the Fernandina Beach Police Department and published by The Fernandina Observer, someone saw Grantham acting suspiciously at the marina as he boarded a yacht. The witness called police who located Grantham. During their investigation, officers tied Grantham to other incidents, including a residential trespass that had taken place earlier in the evening and a separate residential burglary.
As a result, Grantham was charged with two counts of burglary, trespass, and theft. He was arrested and transported to the Nassau County Jail, where he remains.
- Deputies arrest suspect in connection to multiple thefts, entering autos
- DPD charges Kentarius Williams with numerous crimes, including arson and church burglary
- Jury convicts Antonio Lopez Smith in 2017 burglary
- Officers arrest alleged home burglars in the act
- Novelist and Waycross native Joe Palmer to visit SGSC for book signing
Latest from Staff Reports
- GBI investigates death at Waycross Youth Detention Center
- Lady Trojans show determination and fight in come-from-behind win over TCC
- Lace Futch, South Georgia's biggest champion, passes at 83
- DPD arrests a second suspect in death of Rae Rae Barnes
- Pickett to stand trial this month on 2020 aggravated assault charge