Andre Larron Benjamin, 19, has been charged with felony murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime in connection with the shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown, 21.
Brown was killed on July 15, 2021, at Georgian Woods Apartments on McNeil Drive. The investigation has been ongoing since the shooting. With the assistance of the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, the GBI, Georgia State Patrol, and other agencies, officers were able to charge Benjamin with the crime.
- City seeking construction contractors
- Land Bank Authority: A solution for vacant, blighted properties
- Pedestrian safety measures added to Douglas state route
- Local filmmaker talks to CHS students, offers scholarship
- GBI: Ferguson allegedly shot, killed Dylan Harrison in retaliation for arresting a friend
Latest from Staff Reports
- Combat Night fills two titles, local fighters 2-2 in their bouts
- Two others charged in connection with Alamo police officer's death
- Former Coffee Correctional inmate wanted for allegedly killing Alamo police officer
- Local hip hop artist Skud Newbie releases new single
- Clifford Pope, patriarch of the Pope family of Atkinson County, has passed at 81