Andre Larron Benjamin, 19, has been charged with felony murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime in connection with the shooting death of Joshua Lashawn Brown, 21.
Brown was killed on July 15, 2021, at Georgian Woods Apartments on McNeil Drive. The investigation has been ongoing since the shooting. With the assistance of the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office, the GBI, Georgia State Patrol, and other agencies, officers were able to charge Benjamin with the crime.
Latest from Staff Reports
- DA drops charges against defendant in Vann Brown death case
- SGSC soccer makes history, wins first conference championship
- Vamshi Reddy one of seven candidates for Oregon U.S. Attorney position
- Larue Sheffield trial begins this week, jury selection underway
- Combat Night fills two titles, local fighters 2-2 in their bouts