An officer from the Ocala, Fla., police department arrested three individuals on drug trafficking charges Thursday, two of whom are from Douglas.
According to a post on the Ocala PD’s Facebook page, Angelique Tucker, 25, a corrections officer, and Assyria Watts, 26, both of Douglas, were arrested along with Javorise Watkins, 28, of Ocala, during a traffic stop. During the stop, officers discovered 306 grams of fentanyl, 223 grams of MDPV, and 898 grams of marijuana. According to sources, Tucker was an officer at Coffee Correctional Facility in Nicholls.
All three were charged with trafficking fentanyl, amphetamine, and possession of marijuana with intent to sell. They are being held on a $100,000 bond each for the fentanyl and amphetamine charges. The marijuana charge carries a $2,000 bond.
The Ocala PD’s Facebook page has a video of the arrest.
- CRMC continues to offer therapeutic treatments for COVID-19 patients
- Jury convicts James Hollinger on child molestation charges
- City announces joint public hearing for county, Ambrose, Broxton, Douglas, Nicholls
- Business license renewal deadline approaching
- Marquez Floyd pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to life