Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) has awarded the certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting to the City of Douglas for its annual comprehensive financial report for the fiscal year that ended June 30, 2020.
The report has been judged by an impartial panel to meet the high standards of the programs, which includes demonstrating a constructive “spirit of full disclosure” to clearly communicate its financial story and motivate potential users and user groups to read the report.
The Certificate of Achievement is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting, and its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its management.
- Jerome Arnold, Jr., indicted in slaying of Rae Rae Barnes
- An interview with Melody and Vaylor Trucks of Brother & Sister
- Third suspect indicted on murder charges in death of Vann Brown
- Brother & Sister, children of original Allman Brothers founding member, to perform in Douglas Saturday night
- Early voting still underway, over 1,000 ballots cast so far