Since Commissioner Bob Moore resigned in October 2021, the Ward 6 Commission seat has remained vacant. The City of Douglas will hold a Special Election on May 24, 2022, 7AM-7PM, at Central Square Gymnasium (200 S. Madison Avenue) for citizens of Ward 6 to elect a new commissioner. The City of Douglas would like citizens to know key dates leading up to the Special Election.
- Persons interested in qualifying for the Ward 6 Commission seat, should do so in person beginning Monday, March 7, 2022, 8AM, through Friday, March 11, 2022, 12PM, at the City of Douglas Customer Service Center - Office of the City Clerk, located at 800 S. Peterson Avenue, Douglas.
- Citizens desiring to vote during the special election must register to vote and live in Ward 6. The deadline to register to vote in the Special Election will be Monday, April 25, 2022, 5PM at the Coffee County Elections office, located at 224 W. Ashley Street.
- Early voting will begin on Monday, May 2, 2022, 8:30AM through Friday, May 20, 2022, 5:00PM at the Coffee County Elections office (224 W. Ashley Street).
- There will be two Saturdays available for early voting – Saturday May 7, 2022, 9AM-5PM and Saturday, May 14, 2022 9AM-5PM at the Coffee County Elections Office (224 W. Ashley Street).
- Election day will be May 24, 2022, 7AM-7PM, at Central Square Gymnasium, 200 S. Madison Avenue.
For more information regarding the Special Election, please contact Wynetta Bolder, (912)389-3405 or call the Elections Office at (912)384-7018.
Latest from Submitted
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College
- City holds push in ceremony for new fire truck
- Middle school artists wanted for bookmark contest
- SGSC's Dr. Arlena Stanley selected to participate in USG's Executive Leadership Institute
- Clerk's Office announces new tool to monitor property and records activity