By Monique Oversteet
Jeremiah Jones won the state champion title in the Elks Lodge Free Throw competition this past Saturday in Conyers, Georgia. Jeremiah made 23 out of the 25 free throws to win the title. He will travel to Valdosta where he will be competing for the shot at Nationals in Chicago, IL.
Also, Jordan Batten from Eastside Elementary competed on Saturday and placed 4th in the competition.
Jeremiah is the 11 year old son of Monique Overstreet. Jeremiah enjoys playing basketball, playing Minecraft on his XBOX and spending time with family, friends and his little sister Joi. Jeremiah plays basketball for the Coffee County Recreation department and recently made the All Star team for ages 11-12. Jeremiah is a member of Coffee County 4-H club where he serves as President. Jeremiah is also a student in the Quest program for his 5th year and is a Honor Roll student at Eastside Elementary, who has earned the highest GPA in his class since the 1st grade. Jeremiah’s family is very proud of his achievements and we wish him all the best in his quest to the national competition.
Jeremiah Jones pictured with his mother Monique Overstreet
- CCA Lady Patriots win state tennis championship, men's team advances to Final Four
- Stingrays win state championship for fourth time in six years
- Ace Harris wins state golf championship
- Douglas 10U All Stars win district, finish second in state
- Eleven Stingrays win individual championships at state meet