Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Two South Georgia State College Hawks combined for a no-hitter against the Andrew College Fighting Tigers on Thursday. The Hawks, playing at home, won the game 6-0.
Starter Brian Crooms went eight innings, allowing zero hits, zero runs, and four walks. Reliever Shawn Munoz closed things out for SGSC with an inning of hitless work. He struck out one and allowed a walk.
The Hawks scored one run in the second on an RBI single by Michael Fitzpatrick. Then they put the game away with five in the eighth. Junior Lonon and Christian Campbell led the rally for SGSC. Matthew Mebane added his fifth home run of the season in the inning as well. Campbell finished the day 3-4 with a run scored and an RBI. Megan went 2-4 with a run scored and two RBI.
Crooms is among the leaders in the Georgia Collegiate Athletic Conference in strikeouts (35) and earned run average (3.75). Munoz is second in the GCAA with three saves while Mebane and Fitzpatrick are tied for second in the conference with five home runs.
SGSC and Andrew face each other again in a double-header in Douglas beginning at 1 p.m.
- Chamber of Commerce announced Christmas parade float winners
- Local VSU grad hopes to help end disparities in Hispanic community
- Officials make arrest in connection with July 4 fire at Liquidation Market
- City commission approves rate increase for trash collection
- Chamber of Commerce celebrates Little Free Libraries at Emma Ward, Eastside parks