The CCA boys and girls tennis teams had a dominant performance at this year’s region tournament. The boy’s doubles team of Drew Roberson and Tyler Corsa placed 1st. First year player Payton Bradshaw came in a surprising 2nd, upsetting Robert Toombs 2nd seed Tim Waller to advance to the finals.
The CCA girls continued their dominance, winning their 3rd region tournament in a row. Sara Walker and Graceanna Griffis placed 1st and 2nd in singles for the second consecutive year. Ivy Roberts also placed 3rd. Hanna Dunn and Madelyn Tanner placed 1st in girls doubles, and Lori Lott and Jessa Tanner placed 2nd. Coach Murvin Brown was awarded the women’s team Coach of the Year for the girls. The team travels to Macon for individual state on April 17 and team state will be April 25.
The team would like to the following sponsors for making this amazing season possible: Wright Irrigation, Elixir Extrusions, Meeks Insurance Agency, Glen and Teresa Walker, Ameris Bank, Covenant Church, Tanner Logging, Inc., Dickey Rish Land Clearing, Billy and Renee Waldron, Southern Timber Products, Inc., Smith Designs, Surcheros Fresh Grill, Fatboy Welding and Fabrication, Cowboy Trucking, Alex Dunn, Frank Pridgen Bulldozing, and Merle Norman Waycross.
- Jenna Williams selected for Georgia Foundation for Agriculture Scholarship
- Vamshi Reddy one of seven candidates for Oregon U.S. Attorney position
- CCA hires Bud Drew to head its new football program
- CCA Lady Patriots win state tennis championship, men's team advances to Final Four
- Lady Patriots take second, men PR at state meet