Lady Hawks win GCAA championship with victory over Georgia Highlands
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
For the second time in two years a team had to come from the losers bracket to capture the GCAA softball tournament. This year the South Georgia State College Lady Hawks are the 2018 GCAA/Region 17 champions and are going to the NJCAA national championship tournament. The Hawks defeated the third seeded Lady Chargers 13-4 in a tournament that went all the way to the championship "IF" game to determine the champion.
The second-seeded Hawks took the hard road through the Region 17 double-elimination tournament having to play five games and winning four consecutive games coming out of the losers bracket, this after losing their opening round game. SGSC had to defeat the Chargers twice today after losing to them on day one in the tournament.
Next stop for the Hawks (33-16) is St. George, Utah, for the NJCAA national tournament May 17.
- SGSC's Cory Baldwin named NJCAA Southeast District Coach of the Year
- SGSC falls to Monroe College in first round of NJCAA Tournament
- SGSC knocks off Georgia Highlands, wins GCAA championship
- SGSC’s Dr. Tulasi Acharya co-edits new book about organization theories and public administration
- SGSC rolls in regular season finale, clinches No. 2 seed for GCAA tournament