CCA hires Jamie Lingenfelter as head basketball coach
- Written by Staff Reports
- Published in Sports
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
Citizens Christian Academy has a new varsity basketball coach.
According to a statement posted to CCA’s Facebook page on June 12, the school has hired Jamie Lingenfelter of Waycross to lead both the men’s and women’s varsity teams.
Coach Lingenfelter was born in Coffee County. He is married to Mandy Lingenfelter, who serves Ware County High School as head women’s basketball coach. Before moving to Ware County, Mandy Lingenfelter was head women’s basketball coach at Coffee High School, where she led the Lady Trojans to a region title in the 2008-2009 season and received region Coach of the Year honors.
Together, the Lingenfelters have two children - Mattie, 13 and Landon, 10. Jamie Lingenfelter has spent over 10 years coaching basketball at different levels, as well as training students at numerous summer basketball camps.
Jamie, Mandy and their children are active members of Emmanuel Baptist Church in Blackshear. One of the highlights of Jamie’s church life is being a counselor at Champ Camp. This camp is an annual event at Emmanuel. The camp is a week-long, all day camp designed to show school-aged children how to become a champion by living for Jesus.
The board and the administration of CCA is excited to welcome a coach with the qualifications and experience of Coach Jamie Lingenfelter.
- Ethan Kramer receives state young leader award
- Cross sentenced to year and a half in jail after disrupting probation revocation hearing 27 times with foul language, lewd behavior
- Pair of teens arrested for allegedly stealing customer's credit card information at drive-through
- Pearson man arrested on firearms charges, allegedly discards marijuana in police car
- Wiregrass Tech announces new nursing instructor