SGSC soccer gets first conference win
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
The SGSC women's soccer team opened conference play with a quality road win at Georgia Military College Tuesday, August 27. The Lady Hawks opened the scoring in the 25th minute as Serena Nelson intercepted a pass in the midfield and immediately played in Monse Hernandez, who scored from about 25 yards out in the lower left hand corner. During the remainder of the first half, sophomore goalkeeper Crystal Francis kept the Bulldogs out of the net with three saves.
The Hawks continued their determined play in the second half, scoring 7 minutes into play. Monse Hernandez assisted Serena Nelson's first goal of the game. Serena later added to the lead in the 74th minute with her second of the game, making the final score 3-0.
This weekend, the women's soccer team will travel to Covington, Ga., to take on Oxford College on Saturday at 2 pm and then Motlow College on Sunday at 2 pm.
- SGSC knocks off Georgia Highlands, wins GCAA championship
- Hawks advance semifinals with win over South Georgia Tech
- SGSC’s Dr. Tulasi Acharya co-edits new book about organization theories and public administration
- SGSC rolls in regular season finale, clinches No. 2 seed for GCAA tournament
- SGSC baseball 10-8 after falling in weekend double header to College of Central Florida