In front of a capacity crowd at Faircloth Field on Thursday the Lady Trojans honored the Class of 2021 with a 7-3 win over Bacon County.
A huge night was in store for a few of the seniors in the win as senior Reagan Thomas broke the single season strikeout record in the first inning with eight strikeouts overall. The record had been held by Sheala Brown at 139 but Thomas struck out the first two Red Raiders she would face to pass Brown. Reagan finished her night with five innings of two-hit ball allowing one earned run for the win. Her sidekick, reliever Madison Strickland, picked up her record seventh save of the year striking out four and no hit the Raiders.
Strickland, Jenna Graham, Hannah Capps, and Kayla Ricketson all had a hit while Emily Robinson had a pair including a double and two RBI. Senior Kayla Ricketson drove in two with her first career double the win for Coffee. "It's great to see our kids accomplish great things after watching them put in the work, both pitchers have played a huge role in our 19 wins this year. Both have an ERA under 1 and have kept us in every game,” stated head coach Stan Hughes.
The Lady Trojans have two games left in the regular season and are ranked # 7 in the state in 5A with a record of 19-6. The Lady Trojans have clinched the # 2 seed in 1-AAAAA and will host visiting Jones County on October 19 at Faircloth Field in the opening round of the GHSA state tournament.
- Coffee County Young Farmers well represented at Georgia Young Farmers Convention
- Georgia Court of Appeals traveling to Coffee County for oral arguments
- CHS student, teacher recognized for excellence in Business & Technology pathway
- Tyreek Hill makes seventh consecutive Pro Bowl
- Former Trojan Maurice Turner torches Cincinnati Bearcats in Wasabi Fenway Bowl