Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
Arlis Sutton (defense), Maurice Turner (offense), and Noah Saylor (special teams) are the Coffee Trojans’ players of the week for Coffee’s first-round playoff win over the Ola Mustangs. The Trojans scored 24 fourth-quarter points to win 31-7.
Sutton was a big reason why the Mustangs scored just one touchdown all night. A strong, hard-hitting defensive end whose 200 pounds is very deceiving, Sutton finished the contest with four tackles, four assists, three tackles for a loss, one sack, and two quarterback hurries.
Running back Maurice Turner did just about everything on offense Friday night. He ran, caught, and took direct snaps in single-wing formations. Turner posted 114 yards on 14 carries and added five receptions for 43 yards. He also scored three of Coffee’s four touchdowns.
And Saylor simply did what he’s been doing all year long – score points and keep the opposing offense pinned deep. He was perfect on extra points, kicked a 37-yard field goal, and posted a 31-yard punting average.
This coming Friday, the Trojans face Starr’s Mill in Fayetteville in the second round of the state playoffs. Kick-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
- Pair of former Trojans lead North Georgia in sweep of #13 Quincy University
- Nine Trojans sign letters of intent to play college football
- Coffee baseball unveils The Riccardo Ingram Hitting Facility at January 31 ceremony
- Cell phone dispute leads to arrest of 17-year-old on the first day back from Christmas break
- 2023's Story of the Year: The Coffee Trojans are state champions!