Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website at www.entclinicmd.com
The South Georgia State College Hawks took advantage of another second half scoring run to break open a close game and defeat the Central Georgia Tech Titans 88-62 Thursday night.
SGSC (14-4, 3-1) led 37-34 at halftime and built a 44-36 lead in the first 90 seconds of the second half. The Titans closed the gap to 44-43 with 16:30 remaining before the Hawks went on an 11-0 scoring run over the next four minutes to lead 55-43. SGSC held Central Georgia Tech to only 19 points for the rest of the game.
The Hawks’ second half scoring was helped by strong shooting. SGSC missed only 11 shots in the final 20 minutes, shooting 62 percent from the field.
Five players finished in double figures, led by Zae Wiggins with 25 points, six rebounds, six assists, and two steals. AJ Spencer and Nick Jiles each had 16 points, while Turahn Thompson finished with 12 points. Carlos Hart rounded out the top scorers with 10 points.
SGSC travels to Rome, Ga., next Wednesday to play Georgia Highlands and will return to Waycross Saturday, Jan. 22 to play Andrew College at 4 p.m.
General admission to all regular season home games is five dollars with children five and under admitted free.
- A fresh brew: SGSC welcomes Starbucks to campus
- SGSC, Wiregrass, and Coastal Pines sign agreements expanding core curriculum opportunities
- SGSC sweeps Applebee's Classic, Davis named Player of the Week
- Georgia conservationists meet in Waycross to protect the okefenokee from mining
- SGSC Theatre Productions presents Doubt, A Parable by John Patrick Shanley