The Georgia Collegiate Athletic Association (GCAA) has announced additional postseason honors for four members of South Georgia State College’s men’s basketball team.
Malik Allen of Hazlehurst, Ga., Jesse Harbin of Flowery Branch, Ga., and Zae Wiggins of Monticello, Fla., were each named to the GCAA’s All-Academic Team. GCAA student athletes must attend college full-time for at least three semesters and maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average to qualify for the recognition.
AJ Spencer of Shiloh, Ga., was selected to the GCAA All-Tournament Team. Spencer averaged 15.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks in the tournament quarterfinals and semifinals.
The Hawks (23-9, 11-5) entered the GCAA Tournament as the third seed and defeated Central Georgia Tech at home in the quarterfinals. SGSC lost to No. 2 seed South Georgia Tech in the semifinals Friday, March 4 in Rome, Ga. South Georgia Tech defeated Georgia Highlands March 5 to capture the tournament championship and an automatic berth in the NJCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament.
- Dr. Greg Tanner named Interim President of South Georgia State College
- SGSC's Dr. Arlena Stanley selected to participate in USG's Executive Leadership Institute
- SGSC's Amy Hancock wins Outstanding Excellence Award in Marketing and Communications
- SGSC Hawks basketball winning streak continues
- SGSC education students celebrate beginning of final semester with pinning ceremony