Registered sex offender back by behind bars
- Written by Kristen Kitchens
- Published in News
Your Local Sinus Experts are now located in three convenient locations:
Tifton, Douglas and Waycross!
Give us a call today at 912-384-2200 or visit our website atwww.entclinicmd.com
A registered sex offender from Atkinson County, Michael Aponte Toles, is now back behind bars at the Coffee County Jail after law enforcement reported that he was not living at his listed address and had not registered a new residence.
According to a copy of a Coffee County Sheriff's Office report, on June 9, a detective received a call from a probation officer reporting that the 36-year-old Toles had not been staying at his registered residence on Birdsong Road in Ambrose. The officer stated that she had spoken to Toles' uncle, who said Toles was "living somewhere on Peachtree Street in Douglas."
The detective attempted to contact Toles at the listed residence in Ambrose but was unsuccessful.
A warrant was issued for Toles' arrest, and his sex-offender status was changed to "absconded."
Over a month later, on July 12, Toles was located and taken into custody on one count of failure to register as a sex offender/failure to comply with requirements/providing false information.
According to the sex-offender registry, Toles was convicted of child molestation in Atkinson County on May 19, 2017. He was denied bond in the magistrate court and is set to appear for a bond hearing in the Superior Court of Coffee County on August 17, 2022.
- Douglas man convicted of child molestation, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- GBI agents, Jeff Davis deputies arrest one on child molestation charges
- GBI agents arrest suspect wanted in connection with armed robberies in Coffee, Atkinson counties
- ATCO man sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for drug, gun felonies
- Convicted sex offender back in jail five months after release from prison
Latest from Kristen Kitchens
- Defendant in lone criminal trial this month pleads guilty
- American Idol to remember Willie Spence during tonight's Season 21 premiere
- Alleged impaired driver hits, totals Douglas Police Department patrol car
- Alleged domestic dispute leads to terroristic and acts charges
- Allegations of a pecan theft result in meth arrest