According to a report filed by WMAZ of Macon, Bo Dukes has been arrested and charged with helping Ryan Duke (no relation), who is already in custody after being charged with the murder of missing Irwin County teacher Tara Grinstead, of helping “conceal and destroy” Grinstead’s body.
Grinstead disappeared in October of 2005. Until last week, there were no major breaks in the case.
WMAZ reported that Dukes was booked into the Irwin County Jail for concealing a death, hindering the apprehension of a criminal, and tampering with evidence.
This week, the GBI has been searching a pecan orchard in Ben Hill County, presumably for Grinstead’s remains. WMAZ also reported that Dukes is related to the owner of that same pecan grove. Per other news reports, the GBI hasn’t said exactly what agents found, only that they found “evidence” pertaining to the case.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Ryan Duke gets 10 years, already eligible for parole
- Ryan Duke found not guilty in murder of Tara Grinstead, only convicted on concealing death
- Ryan Duke gives detailed testimony of Tara Grinstead's murder, Bo Dukes invokes 5th Amendment
- Ryan Duke takes stand, accuses Bo Dukes of killing Tara Grinstead
- GBI Perry and Douglas offices investigating related shootings, armed carjacking
Latest from Robert Preston
- Local election results: Four races decided, one headed to a runoff
- An interview with Melody and Vaylor Trucks of Brother & Sister
- Baxley's Byron Buxton one home run off Major League lead
- Dewey Thomas “Butch” McDuffie, 72
- DPD officers make arrest after alleged home invasion, domestic dispute involving a shotgun